September 23, 2015

2015 Hurley Pro at Trestles Round 4 Heat 2

When you plan a vacation around a surfing event, you have to take chances with your arrival and departure dates.

WSL World Championship Tour events typically unfold over a nearly two week window.  In the case of the 2015 Hurley Pro at Trestles, it had an 11-day window, from September 9th-20th.

If you can't get that kind of time off from work, you have to plan your trip in a way that gives you the best chance of catching at least some of the event, if not all of it.

I took my chances by arriving on the 11th.  It was bad luck for me that the event went off on the first three days of the window.

Further complicating matters, the swell that hit Trestles on the 9th was forecast to subside gradually over the next couple of days.  The next swell wasn't expected until the 17th, the day I planned to leave.

Fortunately for me, both the Men's and Women's World Championship Tour were at the Hurley Pro, so there was a lot of surfing to get through.  I also caught a break because the surf held up into Saturday, which was the only day I was able to catch.

By then, the men were already into the fourth round.  I was able to get some good video from some heats in that round. And I also caught the Heritage Series Expression Session.  Those videos are in another post.

This post features the Round 4 Heat 2 match-up between Adriano de Souza, Joel Parkinson, and Wigolly Dantas.






No comments:

Post a Comment